Saturday, July 10, 2010

SwimSuit Shopping :-(

I have never been fond of wearing swimsuits and in fact rarely wear one in public without a cover of some sort.  I now, however, realize that I should have appreciated my body while I had it because swimsuit shopping these days is a new level of ick.

Okay, yeah I have some tummy rolls and my breasts are huge (well, huge for me that is).  But most clothes hide it enough that I don't feel too bad about it most of the time.  BUT, oh, the horrors of trying on swimsuits yesterday.  They suck everything in and pop all the wrong spots out.  Horrible, horrible, horrible.  What's a girl to do, I'm thinking...  We're going on a trip with a ton of high school students on Monday and NO WAY am I wearing anything that lets my knockers pop out every which way.  I'm not even starting on the tummy rolls.

Depressed, I bought some swim shorts that are rather conservative and mom-like, leaving the top shopping for another day, thinking I'd probably just wear a tank top and give up swimming.  However, today, much to my delight, I found, what I believe to be, a tasteful tankini that is loose in all the right spots and holds in my mondo-milk-dispensers. Yeah, I wouldn't call my new two-piece sexy in any sense of the word, but it works for my current "situation."

No comments: