Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Traveling Bear

I'm guessing the people with the hotel room next to ours were really wishing they had chosen somewhere else to stay last night and this morning and probably yesterday afternoon too.  S has been a miserable pile of poo since we got here yesterday.  Screaming till she choked at naptime and bedtime.  Shaking her hands in furry and screaming at the sight of a bottle at dinner time.  Woke up all night and refused to go back to sleep more than once.  She finally ended up in bed with us around 4 am (for the 2nd time, but for good this time) and FINALLY went back to sleep around 5:30 until 7 am.

I'm glad this is a work trip for Matt rather than an actual vacation because if I had paid to be here I'd be more than a little annoyed...and let's face it, I'm already quite annoyed just because I'm exhausted!  And poor Matt had to be out the door around 6 something this morning.

When we get home, life as S knows it is about to change.  I am done feeding her ALL night long.  We will be phasing out the nursings and comforting her from the side of the crib.  I am quite certain it will be more exhausting in the short-term but I am praying for more sleep in the long term because I need my rest to be a patient, thoughtful and loving teacher and mother this fall.

No comments: