Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pulling Up

It's a little nerve-wracking to sit and watch your 6 month old pull herself up on a coffee table.  I imagine the cracked tooth, the broken nose, the busted lip and so on as she slips and smacks her face on the edge of the table.  I suppose this is the risk that one takes as they learn new things.  And the risk I take for refusing to cover my furniture in foam and rubber.

Today she made her first attempt at cruising.  I guess she really wanted that book on the other side of the coffee table.  It was a failed attempt as she only moved one foot and fell forward (into her mother's loving arms) BUT we tried again and she did it!  I certainly didn't expect her to start cruising before 7 months old. I doubt she'll be able to keep it up when we get home because our furniture is bigger and I don't think she can reach the top of most of it yet.

No comments: