Friday, June 18, 2010

So when DO they sleep?

Tonight I'm thinking: If babies have trouble sleeping when they are newborns because they have to eat all the time, when they are teething, when they are experiencing a growth spurt, when they are learning a new skill...did I leave anything out?  Then WHEN do they sleep????

I'm starting to be convinced that none of this is true.  The truth is, if you end up with a baby who doesn't sleep well, they never sleep well and all those "reasons" are just there to help you feel better and have hope that maybe, just MAYBE, you might actually get to sleep again someday.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

When Kevin was a baby I was convinced that I would never get a full nights sleep for the next 18 years. Eventually he really did sleep through the night. It might take a year, but that's better then 18 yrs.! It will happen, I promise!

April said...

Lol, I guess 1 year in the span of 18 isn't a whole lot. :-) Okay fine, I will keep hoping!