Friday, June 25, 2010

Experiencing Everything Anew

Today I was inside organizing paperwork when through the open window, all I can hear are these beautiful little giggles.  Well of course I had to step outside to see what all the joy was about.  S was hanging out with her daddy underneath the tree in our backyard.

When I look at that tree I think two things: A) I'm thankful for the shade on hot days and B) I wish I had a saw so I could cut back those low-hanging branches.  But on this particular day I saw this tree with fresh eyes.

Daddy was holding S just high enough that she was eye-level with those low-hanging branches.  She looked at the leaves like they were the most fascinating things she'd ever seen.  And of course she had to try and grab them and put them in her mouth.

Yesterday I looked outside at that tree and saw yard work.  Today I see treasure.

No comments: