Monday, May 03, 2010

A Busy Working Mom

I totally planned to take this entire week off.  I had a dentist appointment and a Mother's Day brunch, S's 4 month appointment, lunch with a friend and dinner with another.  Well, then I got an e-mail asking me to work every day this week.  Ugh.  It was a request straight from a principal at the school I want to work at next year so I just couldn't say no.  So now I'm working ALL week (except Tuesday).

Anyway, up until this point I have only worked a day or two and each week and I've loved getting out of the house and being back to teaching.  I love my little S but it has not bothered me to leave her because I know she's being taken care of.  But last night when I said I'd work this week, I was hit with a little twinge of sadness, realizing I'd be missing 24 hours of S time!!  24 hours seems like FOREVER in the life of a baby.  I'll even have to miss her 4 month check up.

I don't regret my decision and I'm excited about the possibility of working full time next year, but I definitely will miss my little darling as the hours keep adding up.  I'm reminded of a friend who once told me that you can be a great working mom or a crappy working mom or you can be a great stay-at-home mom or a crappy stay-at-home mom.  If you are going to work, you can't feel guilty for it.  Just make sure that you make the best of the time you do have at home.

No comments: