Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Having Hobbies is a Good Thing

I've noticed in my life that I have a tendency to work whenever I'm bored. I'm supposed to take a day off but I get bored and pull out my computer. So lately I've been forcing myself to enjoy a few new hobbies! That's part of the reason I haven't been blogging. I've been trying to do other things in my free time. Although I really like writing. Actually writing has been one of my hobbies. I recently wrote an article for Group Publishing. Maybe I'll post that next...

Painting has been one of my recent favorites. I've painted 3 small canvases and just bought 3 more of a larger size. I kinda want to take a class to actually learn how to do it! I already love to draw so this was a natural hobby for me to try.

Then I started a puzzle, a hard puzzle. I'm still working on it.

I don't really enjoy scrapbooking but I do it just to keep my pictures from piling up so I've done a little of that lately also.

I've noticed that "Sodoku" is a new popular puzzle hobby so I've been thinking about picking up a book and learning how to do it. So my sweet husband bought me a book of Sodoku puzzles from Valentine's Day.

And I decided to give cake decorating a try for a recent baby shower I threw. That was not my best attempt. It turned out a bit lopsided. Oh well....

What's my point...pick up a hobby! Not only does it provide a little fun for you, it helps you be more well-rounded and you may even find you have a special skill you never knew you had! Plus hobbies can really relieve stress!

No comments: