Friday, September 30, 2005

A Question to Ponder: Hell

I've been reading a book lately that has brought up some interesting questions considering the "theology of hell." A great question was posed that I believe holds great value and we should all consider what our answer to it might be....

If hell did not exist and there were no eternal consequences for my current behavior, would I still commit my life to loving and serving Jesus Christ?

Growing up I remember hell being a serious motivating factor for being a Christian. They used to show those cheesy "end-times" movies to scare you into following Jesus. But now I'm all grown up and I'm not so sure I buy the whole "Left Behind" idea. So now I have to wonder, if I hadn't been scared to death of the whole burning for eternity thing when I was young, would I have chosen this path? Don't freak, I'm not questioning my faith, just checking my motivations.

What about you? If you've made that choice, what motivated you to do so and what motivates you to keep doing so? And if you haven't, why not? Just curious....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!